Since the beginning of my research activities, I have developed a strong expertise in algorithm designs, and
especially in the Fields of Signal Processing and Error Correcting Codes for digital communications. The
way I like to work on problems is to understand and solve the issues related to the transfer of methods and
techniques from theory to practice. In particular, I focus on the practical aspects of algorithm designs,
which have an important impact on the industry. For this reason, I like to work in a collaborative way
with either with other universities or with companies, through direct contracts and collaborations or
within large consortium.
- Statistical Signal Processing
- Blind reconstruction of buildings from 3D satellite images.
- RADAR detection in the presence of non-Gaussian clutter noise.
- Reconstruction of impulsive noise in OFDM transmission.
- Iterative reconstruction in Compressed sensing.
- Error Correcting Codes
- Very low complexity and hardware-friendly decoders for non-binary LDPC codes.
- Decoding algorithms with low error-ﬂoors for quasi-error free transmissions.
- LDPC codes designs for realistic communication channels.
- Approximate Inference for NP-hard problems
- Estimation of low-weight spectrum of linear codes.
- Prediction of very low error rates of linear codes.
- Approaching maximum likelihood decoding with linear time algorithms.
- [2002-2005] RNRT-VIP "Joint source-channel coding",
- [2006-2009] RNRT-DIVINE "Foutain codes for broadcast channels"
- [2008-2012] ANR-COCQ "Sparse codes and decoders for quantum channels"
- [2004-2007] FP6-IST-STREP M-PIPE "LDPC and Turbo-Codes for UEP channels"
- [2008-2010] FP7-ICT-STREP DaVinci "Non-binary LDPC codes made practical"
- [2013-2015] FP7-ICT-STREP i-RISC "Fault-tolerant Hardware with LDPC codes"
- [2014-2016] ANR International DIAMOND "Iterative Decoders Robust to Imprecise Arithmetic"
- [2004-2015] FP7-ICT-NoE NewCom, NewCom++, NewCom# "Coding for wireless applications"
- [2006-2007] Samsung-UK "Non-binary decoders for Turbo-Codes"
-  Samsung-UK "Non-binary LDPC codes with non-binary repetition nodes"
- [2009-2011] STmicroelectronics "Binary and non-binary LDPC codes for short block-lengths"
- [2013-2015] LSI Corporation "Design of Non-binary LDPC codes for very low error floors"
-  EXPWAY "Raptor-like codes and decoders"